- 3 Bowlers to have taken a five-wicket haul against all Test-playing nations. Rangana Herath joined Dale Steyn and Muttiah Muralitharan to be part of this elite club. Herath also picked up his 27th five-wicket haul, equalling Ian Botham, and is sixth in the overall list.
- 272 Wickets taken by Herath since Muralitharan's retirement. He is the third-highest wicket-taker during this period, behind James Anderson and Stuart Broad.
- 23 Out of his 27 five-wicket hauls, Herath has taken 23 of them since since Muralitharan's retirement, the most by any bowler in this period. Herath has taken 22 five-fors at home. Among bowlers to have played at least 20 matches, Herath takes one five-for every 2.4 matches, second only to Ashwin, who takes a five-for every 1.8 matches.
- 2012 Herath's most successful year in terms of five-fors. He took seven of them, including three consecutively on two occasions. Only three bowlers have taken more five-fors in a calendar year.
- 16 Number of five-wicket hauls taken by Herath in Galle International Stadium and Sinhalese Sports Club Ground. He has taken eight five-fors in each of these venues. Only Muralitharan has more five-fors at a particular venue - 14 at the SSC in Colombo and 11 each in Kandy and Galle. Ian Botham took eight five-fors at Lord's.
- 6 Number of five-wicket hauls for Herath against Pakistan and Australia. He has taken 90 and 66 wickets respectively against these two teams - his best against any opposition.
Information Source: espncricinfo.com